Follow the steps below to download the latest version of the GHISS Gurmukhi Keyboard Layout:
- Download the GHISS_Keyboard_Layout.zip file by clicking the file name. You will need a UnZip program like WinZip to extract the contents of this file.
- UNZIP the file and remember the location where you extracted the contents. Remember to check the option of "use folder names" while extracting.
NOTE: Do not double-click the "setup.exe" file inside the zip folder. This is a common mistake and will not complete the installation.
- You should see a folder named "GHISS_Keyboard_Layout" created at the location you chose in previous step. There should be 4 folders and 4 files in the newly created folder. CLICK HERE to view snapshot of extracted files.
- Double-click the "setup.exe" file in this folder and follow the screen instructions for the keyboard layout to be installed.
- Note that you will not see any installation progress or hour-glass during the installation. At the end of installation, you will receive a message of successful completion. (SCREENSHOT)
- Once installed, you may switch between keyboards (English and Punjabi or any other keyboards installed on your PC) by simply clicking the ALT-SHIFT keys simultaneously. If your language bar is docked at the taskbar, you may also switch by selecting the keyboard desired by clicking the language bar icon (SCREENSHOT)